The Association of Academic Staff, Administration and Services of Bern University of Applied Sciences (VMAD) establishes contacts within Bern University of Applied Sciences BFH, participates in university policy-making and represents the interests of staff members. VMAD represents all members of BFH staff, especially those in academic, administrative and services posts.
As a body, VMAD
- represents the interests of academic, administrative and service staff in connection with academic, artistic and professional concerns on committees and commissions and towards the authorities
- informs its members about matters of university policy
- participates in consultations
- promotes the exchange of professional experience and the maintenance of friendly relations between its members
- supports its members in personal and social policy matters
- works together with other associations
- ensures that academic personnel have appropriate authority at BFH, with corresponding decision-making powers in research, teaching, services, the promotion of new talent and operational matters.
Each BFH department forms a separate division within the association. The board is comprised of delegates from the departmental divisions.