Scientists and researchers from the 36 COST Member Countries and the Cooperating State can participate in science and technology networks known as COST Actions by:
- Submitting a proposal for a new COST Action
- Joining an existing COST Action
- Becoming a COST External Expert
Who can participate?
Participation is open to researchers:
- in universities, research centres, large and small, public and private organisations from all 36 COST Member Countries and its Cooperating State
- from any science and technology field
- at any career stage
- having any original, innovative idea
Particular emphasis is placed on the COST “inclusiveness” countries ensuring the aim of widening participation.
Researchers from Near Neighbour Countries and International Partner Countries can also participate in a COST Action on the basis of ascertained mutual benefit.
You may refer to the COST Implementation Rules outlining conditions for participating in and setting up COST Actions.
COST Action Funding
The average COST Action budget depends on the number of COST Countries participating in the Action.
The funding is provided via an yearly grant agreement. COST is supported by the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020.
back to project